Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wow, I have not updated this thing in forever. And what better time to update it than when I am currently trying to work on a research paper? I have been listening to a lot of really good new stuff, but briefly I just want to make a list of some of my favorite albums of the year so far, or largely just stuff that i think is going to be on my year end list. isn't that the most exciting thing about new years anyway? making year end lists? this is not any particular order, but i will definitely come up with some big year end entry come december. i have no clue what order these will be in, but for now i am just pondering some things you will see on there...

some of my top jams of 2007, in no particular order:

Ghastly City Sleep-Ghastly City Sleep
The National-Boxer
Battles-Mirrored
M.I.A.-Kala
Pygmy Lush-Bitter River
The Everybodyfields-Nothing Is Okay
Panda Bear-Person Pitch
Akron/Family-Love Is Simple
Red Collar-Hands Up!
Big Business-Here Come The Waterworks
Thurston Moore-Trees Outside The Academy
Health-Where You From?
Explosions In The Sky-All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone
Pissed Jeans Hope For Men

stuff that was really awesome upon first listen, and is okay, but kind of faded away rather quickly:

Bruce Springsteen-Magic
Ryan Adams-Easy Tiger
Animal Collective-Strawberry Jam
Georgie James-Places
Broken Social Scene Presents: Kevin DrewSpirit If...


straight up trash:
Smashing Pumpkins-Zeitgeist
Rilo Kiley-Under The Blacklight

No comments: